The objectives of Pride shall be to:
- To organise a free annual public parade in Johannesburg to celebrate and strengthen the pride that members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities have in themselves, their diversity and their cultures.
- Create a platform for all members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community to celebrate their sexual orientation with pride.
- Unite the community under the slogan "Unity through Diversity".
- Create opportunities for and within the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community to participate in Pride and the Pride event.
- Make Pride and the Pride event more representative of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
- To organise other events that raise awareness, strengthen the profile, and raise funds to achieve our Pride objectives.
- To collaborate with other organisations and businesses that may organise events, commercial or otherwise related to the parade.
- To establish and implement a strong Equal Opportunities Policy to ensure that individuals, groups and businesses from all parts of our community can play a part in every aspect of the organisation.
- To attempt to make Pride and the Pride Event accessible, relevant, safe, well managed, well publicised and successful.
- To contribute towards building a safe and supportive community spirit.
- To make a strong and positive statement on the existence and attributes of our community.
- To use any surplus funds to assist voluntary organisations within the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities and to help fund the Pride Event for the following year.