Equal Access Policies
1. Access to events
2. Access to information
- Invitations to all events to the Pride committee shall be extended to all members of the committee.
- All members of the Pride Committee shall be notified of such events.
- Notification shall occur as follows:
- Invitations to events shall be extended in committee meetings.
- Committee members who were unable to attend the meeting when the invitation was extended shall be notified by telephone and/ or other appropriate means.
- Where events require Pride to send representatives such representatives shall be the official spokespersons and other members as elected by the committee to represent Pride.
- Pride shall ensure that organisers of such events are aware of the number of Pride Committee.
- When such invitations are extended the Pride Committee shall send a guest list listing the Pride Committee members who will be attending.
- When representatives of the committee are sent to such events the organisers shall be notified in writing of the names and number of representatives attending.
- Where necessary, to provide access to said events, the Pride committee shall arrange transport for members who do not have transport.
- The Pride Committee in its drive to make the committee representative realises that not all committee members have access to all forms of communication. As such the Committee shall ensure that:
- Communication channels are not restricted to e-mail communication
- Members of the committee not on e-mail shall receive information telephonically or in writing.
- All decisions made during meetings are circulated to committee members who could not attend meetings.
- Pride shall make allowances to provide transport subsidies for members of the committee.
- Committee members who require transport subsidies shall apply for such subsidies from the treasurer.