Training and Development
The Organising Committee of Pride shall comprise of volunteers that are elected each year. As such it is recognised that such a committee is comprised of people from various backgrounds and with various abilities.
- In order to facilitate the process of transformation, the Pride Committee urges Committee members to:
- Implement and provide "diversity" workshops and/or literature to/for all Committee Members to sensitise and educate Committee Members.
- Attend and run workshops each year to ensure that the new Organising Committee possesses the necessary skills to facilitate meetings, generate ideas, solve problems, be aware of the political framework of Pride and versed in the principle and policies of Pride.
- Put in writing work-plans and job descriptions and ensure that these are passed on to proceeding Committee Members the next year.
- Share their skills, knowledge and experience with other members of the Pride Committee.
- In order to ensure the above the Pride Committee shall:
- Make themselves available to attend workshops and/or read literature to sensitise the committee on the diversity within the community.
- Make themselves available to attend and/or facilitate workshops which shall deal with skills the necessary skills to facilitate meetings, generate ideas, solve problems, be aware of the political framework of Pride and versed in the principle and policies of Pride.
- Ensure that all paperwork and/or contacts are passed onto the proceeding Organising Committee for the organisation of the next event.
- Make themselves available to assist members elected into portfolios they have held previously.
- Provide intern opportunities for new members on the committee and help mould said interns for positions on the Organising Committee in the future.