The following procedures shall be followed when electing a new Organising Committee.
- Previous Committee’s co-chairs are to convene the election of the following Organising Committee.
- All interested parties should be invited to the meeting through means of advertisements in local and/or national press.
- Candidates must be nominated by a member attending the election meeting.
- These candidates must be seconded by a member attending the election meeting.
- Nominees need to verbally accept nominations. Each nominee has the right to decline such nominations.
- Each candidate must commit themselves to upholding and fulfilling the principles, policies and requirements as stipulated in the constitution.
- Each candidate shall be given a brief opportunity to motivate their nomination.
- Voting will be by secret ballot where each person at the election meeting will have one vote.
- The candidate with the majority vote will take up the position s/he was elected into.
- If the nominated candidate is not contested s/he will be considered duly elected.